What Can Children Bring to the Hospital?
It can be hard for children to be away from home. While in the hospital it is helpful to bring items that are familiar and comforting, such as:
- Your child's favorite security item, such as a blanket, stuffed animal, special toy, etc.
- Special cup or utensils your child may prefer to use
- Favorite books and/or DVDs
- Comfortable pajamas, clothes, or onesies
- Special snacks
- iPod/CD player and music
- Photos of friends, family, and pets
- Toiletries, such as toothbrush, toothpaste, lotion, deodorant, shampoo and conditioner
- Items for the nighttime routine, such as a nightlight, noise machine, or music