Entertainment Guidelines & Application
We are truly thankful for your support. Although we would like to accommodate all requests, we are unable to do so due to time, space and programming constraints. Consideration will be given to those events that are unique, entertaining and/or educational, appropriate for age and ability of patients, and politically and religiously neutral. Please review the following guidelines prior to making your application. Thank you.
- All entertainment or community visit groups must be screened and approved in advance by the Child Life Program.
- Applications should be mailed to: Child Life Program, CHaD, One Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756.
- Applications may also be faxed to the attention of the Child Life Program at (603) 650-6155.
- In accordance with infection control policies, all visitors must be in good health (i.e. cannot be actively ill with cold or flu). Anyone who has exposure to chicken pox within the previous three weeks cannot visit.
- Entertainment space is small, so the maximum group size is six people.
- Patients on CHaD units are diverse, ranging in age from birth through nineteen years of age. Patients are also diverse in terms of diagnosis. CHaD cares for children who are both acutely and chronically ill. Entertainers and community visitors should be prepared for a wide range of ages and ability levels, and audiences with short attention spans.
- Performances or visits may not:
- Include any potentially dangerous materials such as latex balloons or fire
- Include any religious, political, violent, or threatening themes
- Distribute any prizes or gifts without prior approval from the Child Life Program
- Distribute candy and food of any kind
- Privacy and confidentiality are important patient rights that we work hard to protect. We do not allow groups to take photos of patients. Please do not ask families, children, or staff about diagnosis or other family information.
- In rare cases, such as low census, bereavement, or crisis situations, the Child Life Program reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a visit.